You will need:
1x375g ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
flour (for rolling out)
oil (for greasing)
3 tbsp apricot jam
2-3 nectarines (stoned and sliced)
1 egg white (lightly whisked)
75g caster sugar
50g pistachio nuts (chopped)
50g ground almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees or gas mark 4. Lighlty flour your work surface and roll out the short cut pastry. Cut a pastry circle that is 24cm across, don't worry about the circle being perfect as you will be folding in the edges.
2. Prepare your mascapone cream by mixing the mascapone, 2 tablespoons of sugar, ground almonds, the zest of one lime and the juice of half of the lime together.
3. Transfer your pastry circle to an oiled and lined baking tray. Spread two tablespoons of apricot jam onto the circle leaving roughly a 5cm border.
4. Spread your mascapone cream on top of the apricot jam.
5. Layer the nectarines on top of the mascapone cream.
6. Fold the edges of the pastry circle in and brush the pastry with the whisked egg whites. Scatter the remaining sugar over the top of the whole tart (this prevents the nectarines from becoming bitter when baked).
7. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes. Once removed from the oven, warm the remaining apricot jam and brush over the tart, then scatter the chopped pistachio nuts over the top. Don't scatter the pistachio nuts before baking as they end up slightly chargrilled like mine did (it was still delicious though).
8. Serve with Greek yogurt and enjoy.
Happy baking xxx
For more fruity summery bakes check out this raspberry and lemon cake